How to get to Lublin
To reach Lublin – the Symposium venue - you can fly to: Lublin airport (LUZ), Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin Airport (WAW).
- The Lublin Airport (http://www.airport.lublin.pl/en/) offers connections with the following cities: Munich (MUC), London [Luton (LTN) & Stansted (STN)], Doncaster (DSA), Liverpool (LPL), Oslo (TRF), Stockholm (NYO), Milan (MXP), Tel Aviv (TLV), Kiev (IEV), Eindhoven (EIN). The airport is located about 11 km to the east from the city centre. You can get from the airport to Lublin centre by:
- train (to see the timetable go to http://rozklad-pkp.pl/en and choose the direction from “Świdnik P. Lotniczy” to “Lublin”; the journey takes about 15 mins),
- bus (more info: http://www.nalotniskolublin.pl/en.html)
- More connections are available to Warsaw Chopin Airport (https://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/en/index.html), (Warsaw is located around 150 km from Lublin), which is the main international airport in Poland. Next you may continue your journey to Lublin by:
- Contbus bus departing the bus terminal near the airport’s exit. The departures to Lublin are at: 9.15, 10.15, 11.00, 13.05, 15.15 (Mon-Sat) and 10.15, 11.00, 13.05, 15.15 (Sun).
- train; you will need to get to Warsaw Central Train Station (“Warszawa Centralna” or “Dworzec Centralny”), or Warsaw East Train Station (“Warszawa Wschodnia”) which offers several connections to Lublin (for the schedule go to: http://rozklad-pkp.pl/en).
There are two ways to get to Warsaw Central and East Train Stations from the WAW airport (www.ztm.waw.pl):
- by train: in the vicinity of the terminal there is the underground Warsaw Chopin Airport railway station. It can be reached by the following trains:
# S2 (your destination is “Warszawa Wschodnia”)
# S3 (your destination is “Warszawa Centralna”)
- by bus no. 175 (your destination is “Warszawa Centralna”)
Buses arriving at the airport stop at the upper level of the terminal (by the departure lounge) and by the coach terminal. After dropping off passengers, they go to a technical stop located outside the terminal.
Buses departing from the airport take passengers from the lower level of the terminal (by the arrival hall) and from a stop behind the coach terminal. It is forbidden to board buses at the upper level (by the departure lounge) in order to leave the airport.
- Warsaw Modlin Airport - located 40 km from the centre of Warsaw - offers several international connections operated by cheap airlines
PolskiBus service offers several connections from Warsaw to the following cities: Berlin, Prague, Bratislava, Vienna. You can continue your journey from Warsaw to Lublin also by PolskiBus. For further details visit http://www.polskibus.com/en.
The Polish State Railways offer direct rail connections between Lublin and most large cities in Poland as well as connections between Warsaw and many European cities. Check your connections here: http://rozklad-pkp.pl/en